Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Fitness Tips from Toni Gonzaga

Women's Health's July 2012 cover girl, Toni Gonzaga, is one in-demand 28-year-old. Aside from her hosting duties on Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition and The Buzz as well as her other regular obligations, she’s also shooting a movie, which will be released later this year. But despite the stress of her hectic showbiz schedule, she still finds time to stay fit, and she shared some of her secrets in an interview with WH.

Want to get a toned bod like Toni's but feel like you don't have time for fitness? Read on for seven tips you can learn from her.


1. MAKE WORKING OUT FUN.

Exercise isn’t just something you do to lose weight, Toni says. Choose something you enjoy. For example, Toni takes dance classes. “Iba-iba e. Jazz, funk, gano’n. Minsan naghi-hiphop. Para may constant movement tsaka nagfo-flow yung blood.”


2. DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

Water therapy does wonders for the body. “I drink a lot of water, as much as possible.” She adds, “I see to it na after I drink soda, I drink twice as much water.”


3. INDULGE YOURSELF.

“I eat a lot,” Toni confesses. “Kasi naniniwala rin naman ako na you can eat whatever it is that you want in moderation. Discipline lang. And if you eat a lot, make sure that the next day you watch what you eat, and then you exercise. You burn whatever it is that you eat.”


4. CUT DOWN ON RICE.

Thanks to great genes, Toni is able to keep her lithe figure, but there was a time when her eating habits made her bloated and gain weight, so she really made the effort to cut down on her rice consumption and avoid sweets.


5. EXERCISE AT HOME.

Who says you have to go to the gym to keep yourself in shape? You can commit to a fitness routine right in your own home. Toni has a treadmill outside her room, which she uses for quick workouts. She also does 400 crunches before she goes to bed.


6. GET ENOUGH SLEEP.

“I just really love to sleep. I can sleep anywhere. I feel like in the business you're always sleep-deprived because of the time or the schedule that you have. So when I have free time, I sleep talaga.”


7. JUST KEEP GOING.

Toni admits that when she’s tired, she doesn’t feel motivated to exercise. “Yesterday, I was puyat. I didn't really want to do the dance class, kaya lang inisip ko na lang, wala, I just pushed myself. Pinipilit ko talaga, effort talaga.” Once you get started, Toni says, you’ll eventually find your drive to exercise returning.


No comments:

Post a Comment