Saturday, July 28, 2012

Khalil launches debut album After Daniel

After Daniel Padilla, another ”Princess and I” leading man has released his first album.

That shouldn't come as a surprise since Khalil Ramos first gained attention as singer when he became a finalist in the reality show ”Pilipinas Got Talent” season 3.

But with his teen-idol looks, Ramos was immediately tapped for acting roles, including the hit primetime series, starring Kathryn Bernardo.

”I am just really happy that there are some people who would give me opportunities like this and this is one of my dreams,” he told Push.com.ph.

”Well this is an EP, which includes six songs, and it comes with a minus one. ’Yung dalawang kanta, narinig na nila before sa mga love songs sa ’Princess and I’ -- nandun ’yung ’Kung Ako Ba Siya? ' which really hit sa mga tao, ’Now We’re Together’ na isa rin sa mga soundtrack," he said.

"And ’One More Chance’ and ’Simple Lang’ and ’I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,’ ’yun ang nanggaling sa PGT na napagdesisyunan naming isang song,” he added.

Ramos added that he would love to work with his idols, Gary Valenciano and Bamboo, in the future.

Meanwhile, the ”Princess and I” actor reacted to the issue that he is competing with Padilla, who successfully released his debut album early this year.

”Well sa amin wala namang competition in real life.  I am happy for him na bumenta ’yung album niya and, of course, darating din ’yung time na magre-release ako so wala namang competition and we are good friends," Ramos said.

”Maganda naman ’yung album niya and it sells really good and sana suportahan din ng tao ang akin.”

But Ramos admitted that he feels the pressure of being compared to Padilla. ”Of course, ’di matatanggal ’yung kaba. I did my best and my 100% so sana magustuhan nila and kinakabahan talaga kasi you will never know, but I am just happy. Mabenta man o hindi, I am happy,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment