Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Luigi Muhlach gustong maging katulad ng kanyang Ama na si Aga Muhlach

He may have stumbled at some points in his life but Luigi Muhlach has risen above the trials, with his father Aga Muhlach serving as inspiration.

In his emotional appearance on "The Buzz" on June 17, Luigi related that contrary to some people's notions, his relationship with the award-winning actor is "okay." And although "I don't live with my dad, I never grew up with him," Luigi said, "we really are [okay]. Every week we see each other..."

Luigi, Aga's son to actress Janice de Belen, struggled with the separation of his mother to her ex-husband, John Estrada. He turned to drugs and other vices when he was in college, as he himself admitted in his interview on "Showbiz Inside Report" in April. He had eventually gone into rehabilitation. But what apparently pushed Luigi to get better was when he had his own family at the age of 22. He and wife Patricia now have two children, Alejandro and Adriana.

His experiences had taught him how important one's family is.

"Wala ka nang ibang tatakbuhan kundi pamilya mo. Dati nung bata ako, siyempre nung teenager ka... gusto mong mag-barkada... but sa huli talaga, talagang pamilya mo lang ang mapupuntahan mo," said he.

The young chef is happy that he has ironed out whatever complications he has had with his father.

"Sometimes when you tell me things na I don't listen to you, but I really do. Tumatatak talaga 'yon sa puso ko. I'm really thankful na kahit hindi tayo masyadong nagkasama no'n, sobrang nabago natin, naayos natin. I love you Pa, grabe," a tearful Luigi directed to Aga.

What he admires most about his father is his generosity and humility.

"Idol ko talaga dad ko. Naging inspiration talaga siya sa'kin in so many ways. He doesn't know that because I never had the chance to tell him that. But he really inspires me so much.

"...Gusto kong maging ikaw hindi dahil ikaw si Aga Muhlach or because you're financially stable or your famous or anything. My dad's a really good guy. And I admire him. And I really wanna be like him. Ang dami niyang nang natulungan sa buhay niya. Ang dami ring nagmamahal sa kanya. I really hope that my kids grow up to be like him talaga," Luigi enthused.

As for his relationship with his stepmother, Charlene Gonzales, who also happened to be his interviewer in the episode, Luigi said that he has accepted her wholeheartedly "ever since I met you [and] ever since na tinanggap ka ni Papa sa buhay niya."

"Because of course, if my dad is happy with you, of course I'm happy also for him," he added.

Luigi let out a declaration that made Charlene tear up: "Tita Charls, kahit hindi tayo magkadugo, you know in my heart you'll always be my mom, too. Thank you."

The former beauty queen then responded, "For me you will always be my son. I may not be your biological mother, but in my heart, in my mind, you are my son. I love you. Happy Father's Day."

Aga sent a letter to Luigi, which Charlene read. Here, he expressed how proud he is of his son as his "dreams are slowly coming true." He likewise assured his support for Luigi, noting how he has already become a "great father" and a "man now" who can stand on his own feet.

"Lastly, ituluy-ituloy mo lang ang pagpapapayat mo na 'yan ha. Kasi sayang ang pagkaguwapo mo. Mas lalo kang guguwapo kung payat ka!" read the last part of Aga's letter, which got the both choked-up Luigi and Charlene breaking into laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment