Friday, September 14, 2012

Derek Ramsay shrugs off playboy tag

On screen and in real life, Derek Ramsay seems to be getting a reputation as a "plaboy."

But according to the hunk actor, the tag doesn't bother him one bit.

"I don't think someone is going to typecast me as a playboy in real life, [but] I already am, I think," Ramsay told reporters on the sidelines of the filming for "A Beautiful Affair" on Thursday.

"There's nothing I can do about that. I've already had that problem since high school," added Ramsay, who in May confirmed his breakup with actress Angelica Panganiban, his girlfriend of six years.

Now that Ramsay portrays yet another "playboy" for his next big screen outing, does he worry that his on-screen roles might become people's perception of him in real life?

"I'm acting. The viewers are smart enough to know that's what we're doing," said Ramsay, who portrays a man caught in an affair with the character of Andi Eigenmann, despite being married to Anne Curtis' character in "A Beautiful Affair."

"Lahat nga ng pelikula parang affair eh, 'no? I think it's what people want to see, 'cause a lot of people can relate. It's what happens in real life, sad to say," he added.

In his last romantic film "No Other Woman," Ramsay similarly portrayed a married man who had an affair with another woman, at the time portrayed by Curtis.

Explaining the difference of "A Beautiful Affair" from the record-breaking flick, the hunk actor said: "Si Andi naman, I get involved with her before I meet Anne, and Andi and Anne are good friends, so there's a lot of drama."

Directed by Nuel Naval, "A Beautiful Affair" will hit theaters nationwide on October 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment