Saturday, September 22, 2012

Garrie Conception para sa kanya Kc Conception is her real sister

KC Concepcion and Garrie Concepcion candidly talked about each other and how they strengthened their bond as sisters even though they did not grow up together.


The two daughters of Gabby Concepcion were interviewed recently for the September 15 episode of Showbiz Inside Report. KC is the daughter of Gabby with Sharon Cuneta while Garrie is the daughter of Gabby with businesswoman Grace Ibuna.


Garrie admitted that she felt a rush of emotions when she got to hug her biological father for the first time.


“I grew up knowing Papa [referring to Gabby] pero iba yung feeling kapag kaharap mo na at niyakap ka for the first time. Nakaka-overwhelm!”


SIR host Janice de Belen jokingly addressed her ex-boyfriend Gabby and quipped: “Hi, Papa!”


A video interview of Gabby was then played wherein the actor admitted, “At one point, I wanted to have all my children together and it happened, one by one…slowly but surely. It’s timing. Everything is timing. Everything happened at the right time.”


Janice asked KC and Garrie to narrate how they became close to each other.


KC explained, “We have a Tita na youngest sister ng mga magkakapatid na Concepcion. Si Sandy Arellano, she is close to me and close to her [referring to Garrie]. Hindi pa kami magkakilala noon, ang naging middle man was our Tita.


“We were so young. We didn’t know kung paano ba mag-start. Ako ba kasi Ate ako? Ako ba ang mag-iistart ng conversation? Ako ba ang kailangan um-effort sa mga kapatid ko to have a relationship?”


The conversation then focused on their bond with their other half-sister Cloie Syquia Skarne, Gabby’s daughter with former actress Jenny Syquia.


“It just happened,” commented Garrie.


KC recalled: “I remember when I was young, when Cloie got in touch with us, siyempre, ang natural ko is to bumalik dun sa time na nagsusulatan kami.”


Why do they consider it important to bond as sisters?


“Kasi part sila ng pagkatao mo, eh, kung sino ka…they’re family,” Garrie pointed out.


KC has two more half-sisters on her mother’s side: Simone Francesca Emmanuelle (Frankie) and Mariel Daniella Sophia (Miel) who are much younger than her. 


The daughter of Sharon and Gabby admitted: “Iba talaga ang sisters na halos the same age. Iba yung bond n’yo…you get to out, you get to do things together.”


Do you give each other advice?


KC has previously released two albums in the past: aka Cassandra while her second is her self-titled album. She is currently hosting ABS-CBN’s reality singing competition The X Factor Philippines.


KC admitted that she was initially wary about Garrie entering the recording scene.


“When she told me that she was interested to sing, hindi ako agad naging open sa idea…and dun ko siguro naramdaman yung naramdaman ng parents ko sa akin when I was expressing interest na nagsusulat na ko ng kanta. Now, I understand. Para akong nagiging protective sa ‘yo.


“She has to earn it. That’s something that I learned. You have to earn the recognition. You have to earn the project.


“It doesn’t matter na kung ano ang last name mo. Gusto ka ba ng tao or gusto ba nila ang ginagawa mo?”


Does Garrie want to follow in the footsteps of KC, who is now a TV host-actress?


Garrie pointed out, “I look up to her. Hosting is also one of my options.”


Do they give advice to each other when it comes to boys?


“Ilalaglag na kita,” teased KC about her half-sister. “Malalaman ko pa from other people like my friends or my cousins. Talaga itong si Garrie, minsan kailangan talaga ng time. It takes her so long to make kuwento.”


How do they support each other during bad times?


“She went through one recently. One thing I learned about Garrie is that she has a way of dealing with it. So meron siyang way talaga…understandable naman na may taong ganun. I guess it’s the same with me.”


Garrie agreed by saying, “What’s good naman about both of us, we’re both there for each other kahit na tahimik ako or tahimik siya. We will do anything for each other.”


Do they have a “sister promise” to each other?


KC started by saying: “You’ve seen at my ups and downs. At this point, I’ve seen you at your ups and downs na rin. I will try to make up for the time na nawala sa atin. I promise that I will always be here when you need me. Yes, there will be times when I will be busy and you’ll be busy too. But I promise that you will be always be my sister.”


Garrie responded by saying: “I will always be here for you and never did I consider you to be my half-[sister]. For me, you’ll always be my Ate. You’re my only Ate. You’ll always be my sister and the big sister that I never had. And I love you.”


ON THE X FACTOR PHILIPPINES. When asked for updates about The X Factor Philippines, KC revealed: “We’re going to the finals on October 6 and 7. The Final 6 will be [introduced] this week. Twenty thousand ang nag-audition. I can only hope and pray na ang maging grand winner sa X Factor ay kaya mong itabi sa mga nanalo sa X Factor US or X Factor UK.”

No comments:

Post a Comment