Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ang mensahe ni Zac Efron sa mga Pinoy

Hollywood actor Zac Efron says he “feels at home” in his first visit to the country.

"It's been absolutely incredible. It's been a dream of mine to come to the Philippines since I was a young boy. I'm finally here," Zac told thousands his fans at a Penshoppe Fan Conference 2012 held in SM MOA Arena on Saturday, September 29.

Zac came to the Philippines to meet  Filipino fans in a conference organized by the local retail brand which Zac endorses. Shortly after his arrival in Manila on September 26, Zac and his father David went to Misibis Bay Resort in Albay Legazpi, where they  enjoyed an ATV ride to Mayon Volcano.

In an interview on stage with Boy Abunda, Zac added that David, who used to visit  the Philippines, told him “amazing stories” about Filipino food and the people.

“(The vacation) was unbelievable. The Filipino people are so nice. You make me feel so at home. I just want to move here," Zac said.

The 24-year-old actor revealed that his favorite Filipino food is balut.

On ex-girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens

Zac rose to fame via Disney’s hit “High School Musical (HSM)”, where he first met Filipino-American co-star Vanessa Hudgens.

“There were about 40 girls and 40 boys at the audition. I met Vanessa (Hudgens) there, my first Filipino girlfriend. We clicked right away,” Zac said.  And the audience cheered loudly.

Asked if his type of girl has changed over time, Zac replied, “I think she’s Pinoy. She’s maybe here somewhere.”

He added, “The best things about High School Musical (HSM), I can’t put it to just one thing. “High School Musical” is the most amazing experience of my life. I would have to say, it’s probably that many fans that I made and the relationships I’ve built. The best part about it is that it allowed me to travel the world and go to best places like here and meet all of my fans.”

After HSM, Zac shed his teenybopper image and hopped on to more mature movie roles in  “Charlie St. Cloud,” “The Lucky One” and “Paper Boy.”

On fame and successful career

Despite his success, Zac stays grounded and said  fame taught him to appreciate family and fans more.

“I think the best part of being famous, it has taught me to really appreciate my family, I love my work. But the most important thing is my fans. You put a smile on my face every day.”

Before Zac bid good-bye, he was asked to describe himself in three words. Instead, he gave a  sweet message to  Filipino fans, “I can do it in four words. I love the Philippines!”

No comments:

Post a Comment