Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Body Talk with KC Concepcion

Her sexy poses on Tanduay’s 2013 Calendar may come as a (pleasant) shock to people who perhaps never thought that KC Concepcion would, even she could, do it. So they must be wondering: Did she have to ask the permission of her parents (Sharon Cuneta and Sen. Kiko Pangilinan, and her Papa Gabby Concepcion) before saying yes to it?

KC left everything to her manager, Viva big boss Vic del Rosario Jr.

“My parents trust Boss Vic with his management decisions, and so do I,” KC told Funfare. “They trust and support my decisions as well. The first person to actually text and congratulate me for my newest endorsement was Papa.”

The Tanduay thing comes on the heels of her pictorial cover for Rogue magazine (which people interpreted…especially because of the cut-off head you were holding…as a “snide” at somebody who broke your heart). Is the Tanduay Calendar an affirmation of her plan to also go sexy in a movie?

“No po. I’d like people to see my Rogue cover and my Tanduay endorsement as two completely separate projects,” explained KC. “I went through things that developed certain qualities in me, like I may now be fiercer and less naive in some ways. But I’m still the same girl on the inside, who values family, charity, kids and wholesome products. It’s just that now, as I grow up, people watching my life are experiencing the different personas I have as a girl and as an artist.”

In-between the two projects came A Secret Affair, the hit romance-drama in which KC was replaced by Andi Eigenmann as the girl who has an under-wraps affair with the boyfriend (Derek Ramsay) of her best friend (Anne Curtis). According to reports, KC backed out because she couldn’t do the torrid love scenes with Derek.

“No, it wasn’t because of the sexy scenes; it was more of the timing of such a story,” KC clarified. “Coming from a traumatic situation sa totoong buhay, hindi ko pa po kayang gumawa ng ganoong klaseng pelikula at the time, lalo na’t recovery time po ‘yon for me. Kaya po X-Factor (Philippines) ang una kong project na ginawa when I came back on TV. I’m very happy for the cast and whole team, and proud of direk Nuel Naval (who megged A Secret Affair) who has now completed his first film. I’ve worked with him before on TV projects, so it’s really nice to see that he completed this new achievement. Andi did well in that role also. No regrets at all, because I had my own personal reasons for not doing this particular project at this particular time.”

The Tanduay project is KC’s first endorsement for an alcohol product in 11 years (the rest were for beauty products, food, clothing, etc.).

“I was very nervous! So I requested for my trusted team, who are also some of my best friends in real life, para kumportable po talaga. The photographer, the hair stylist, the wardrobe stylist and make-up artist. I was not picky about the location, and didn’t mind shooting outside of the studio, kahit na mas madaling kontrolin ang studio shoot pagdating sa ilaw, sa hangin. As much as possible, we used natural lighting and we remained outdoors. All the backgrounds for the calendar are real, no studio sets. Even my body is as is, presented to the audience as naturally, and as real, as possible.”

And now, more revelations from KC in this “body talk”:

Any beauty regimen of your own?

“If I am too tired to work out at Plana Forma, because of our long working hours, I just make sure I at least do one hour of walking on the treadmill when I wake up or before sleeping, sweating/getting exercise does wonders for my skin! I also make sure to moisturize at night and in the morning, and take my make-up off before I sleep for more than four hours. I also make sure to visit my derma as soon as I see a pimple. I get waxed often, and I do laser hair removal also, which makes my skin smoother.”

What kind of diet do you have?

“I eat a lot of protein with no carbs when dieting, and detox teas. For working skeds, I take red rice for energy, but I also try to cut down on rice and only eat carbs when I need to be standing and hosting for long hours, for example on the X-Factor, or when I do song-and-dance performances, for example, on ASAP 2012. Apart from that, I eat protein and veggies, and drink lots of water.”

What’s usually for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

“I like my homemade hakaw breakfast, which I get from our generous Chinese family friend. I eat that with lots of chili, some low-sodium soy sauce and calamansi. Lunch is usually fish and veggies, or a sandwich. Mahilig ako sa grilled tuna panga with atsara or adobong pusit with red rice. Dinner is a big salad with a protein like maybe smoked salmon, or tuna, or cheese like parmesan or blue cheese or goat cheese, tapos masarap na dressing na bagay sa salad. Madali na lang hanapin ‘yung ingredients n’un these days. And I always, always have to have coffee, brewed or French pressed, after eating.”

What food do you always crave for, what food do you avoid?

“I always crave for Asian food. I like dimsum, or spicy food like Thai is my favorite. Gusto ko rin ng adobong pusit na super black ink. I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I look for chocolates, especially dark chocolate. I like desserts like tiramisu or Rum Cake. I haven’t been eating meat, chicken, pork, beef, for 12 years now, mahirap kasi i-digest. Pero there are so many recipes naman for my fish, shrimp, shellfish or veggies.”

Any snacks between meals?

“Usually coffee break with a piece of chocolate, or a warmed-up cookie!”

How much water do you take per day (soda, coffee, tea or energy drinks)?

“A LOT. I’m a water addict. And sa sobrang love ko magkape, kung masugatan man ako, kape na ang lalabas sa katawan ko, hindi na dugo! Hehehehe!”

What vitamins do you take?

“Usually multi-vitamins. But mostly Vitamin C, B-complex, Vitamins D and E, and Calcium.”

What workout do you do?

“I do Zumba and Forma sessions in Plana Forma! My ‘Physique 57’ workout that I do when I am in L.A. and NYC is now here, but in the form of my 55-minute strengthening and lengthening workout Plana Forma. They have studios in the Jecoprime Building at the Fort BGC, and also at Centriswalk in Q.C. So it’s perfect for me when I’m home (Fort) or when I have a break from work which is usually in Q.C.!”

What part of your body needs improvement?

“Strength-wise...My upper body strength. All my life I have done sports that strengthen my lower body (soccer, figure-skating, dance). I stopped swimming because it gave me broad shoulders. But I need to strengthen my arms for sure.

“Therapy-wise...my shoulders and neck. I had a car accident at a very young age, which caused my muscles in my neck to grow improperly. So lagi akong may headache and neck pains. I go to a myotherapist for that which has been the most effective therapy for my neck and shoulders.”

What part of your body is most vulnerable?

“My neck and left ankle, due to injuries I’ve had when I was a teen and younger!”

What part of your body is your favorite?

“I would say my abdominal/tummy area. I have not really had problems with a flabby tummy.”

What part of a man’s body do you notice first?

“Their facial expression is the first thing that I notice, then eyes and lips…then shoulders or chest.”

What else in a man turns you on?

“I like them active, into sports, because I grew up with active boys in the family. When not outdoors or working out, I like them mabango, fresh smelling and tidy with themselves and their things, as much as possible. Nice hands and feet. Clean nails, long fingers, not too thin, not fat.”

And what is it in a man that turns you off?

“Three words — bad body odor!”

How’s your love life?

“I’m inspired to meet and know people from different places. Iba ang mundo ng mga nakaka-date ko, wala sa showbiz, and minsan nga wala sa Pilipinas. I sometimes feel more empowered and creative when I’m single, so I like to enjoy my singlehood first.”

Do you have a nightlife?

“Yes, of course! I like having fun! Drinking a bit and laughing with friends is what I do to de-stress, but maybe not as often as before. Sometimes I go out of the country also to party para maiba naman ‘yung scene. But I have to do well in my hosting, singing, acting and dancing. And to do the best I could, I can’t always just go out to party, see and be seen and lack sleep. I need my energy for my TV and UN work!”

How much sleep do you get per night?


“I admit I still sleep late, because I am most productive at night. I go online at night, and get to think freely when everyone else is asleep. But in Manila, when I’m working, I adjust based on my call time for the day after, and I try to get at least five hours of sleep when I have work the next day!”

Favorite sleepwear?


“I’m not supposed to say brands, but I just like my silk or basta light Natori night shirts/dresses. I’m also happy with Uniqlo micro fleece sleepwear. Dati mahilig ako mag-robe, pero nabibigatan na ako sa ganu’n these days. I like it light.”

Do you snore?


“Not usually, but I know I do when I get a really good massage!”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“YES! You can ask me questions and I’ll actually answer you! I even dream of jokes and laugh in my sleep!”

Do you sleepwalk?

“YES! Hahahaha! I did it when I was eight years old. And recently I ‘woke up’ and caught myself awake, sitting on my bed. Scary!”

How many pillows do you sleep with?

“One on my head, one under my head, one to hug, one under my legs. You do the math!”

Last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“Say, ‘Amen!’ First I read to get my mind focused on one thing, until I get sleepy enough to fall asleep. Then I thank God for the day that went.”

First thing that you do before you wake up?

“Take an extra five to 15 minutes lying down, half-asleep, half-awake.”

How do you unwind, cope with stress? Massage or meditation? What sport do you play?

“A good movie with good friends! Or massage with oil. A nice, foot massage or whole-body reflexology, hot stone or deep-tissue massage always does the trick. Then I go to the beach, play amazing music, and stay in the ocean and sun for hours!”

Favorite city?

“I recently went to Venice! I am a water and boat-lover, so I loved it! I studied the Italian language as well, it’s very similar to French, so I can speak it a little bit. But I was just telling my friends, that as time goes by, and as I grow up, all the more I feel rooted and connected with Paris. The places, the people, the sensuality, the food, the lifestyle, everything about it. It keeps coming up with new things, but at the same time, some things just never change! It’s true what they say... We will always have Paris. It is forever going to be a huge part of me, and continues to play a big role in who I am today. Nothing can take that away from me.”

Favorite hideaway?

“A cozy castle, with lots of outdoor space...far, far away.”

How long does it take you to fix yourself?



“An hour. Ate Celeste (Tuviera) gave me a cute little vintage-looking hair-dryer that works really well. I dry my hair with that and that takes the longest! I don’t like going out with my hair wet.”

Name three men that you think have nice bodies.

“Channing Tatum, David Beckham and Derek Ramsay.”

And three women that you think have nice bodies.

“Daria Werbowy, Adriana Lima and Scarlett Johansson.”

Using only body language, how would you make a guy know that you admire him?

“I have pauses in-between my conversation with him where I’m just leaning forward, really intently, and then smiling with nothing to say, thinking how amazing our banter is, going on a quick rewind of everything he just said. I also blush really easily. And I might just start stuttering!”

No comments:

Post a Comment