Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anne Curtis On Doing An Indie Film In Hollywood

Anne Curtis spent a month in the US to shoot an Indie film entitled, Blood Ransom. albeit her hectic schedule in the Philippines, Anne auditioned for the role and was lucky to get the part. She talked about how much she really wanted to do it and even explained to her management team that whatever [talent fee] they offer coz she’s a nobody in Hollywood. 
Well, I know I had commitments here, as in’yong timing pa, di ba, may concert pa ako at may teleserye pa akong ginagawa.
“But I really asked permission from Boss Vic. I said that I really, really, wanted to do this.
“I said, you know, don’t even ask for that is [higher]. You know, whatever it is that they offer, ‘yon na ‘yon kasi I’m a nobody there.
“In-explain ko kay Boss Vic na I’m a nobody. Hindi ako celebrity status doon.
“Sabi ko nga, ang status ko doon ay ‘struggling actress.’”
B-MOVIE IN HOLLYWOOD. Hindi rin problema kay Anne kung maituturing na B-movie or low-budget movie ang ginawa niya sa Hollywood.
“Well, that’s the in thing now in the States,” sabi ni Anne.
“If you look on iTunes, mayroon na silang indie film [category] kasi ‘yon ang ‘in’ thing ngayon, e, hipster-hipster indie film.
“Sobra akong happy that I’m part of it. I don’t even consider it like B-lister, parang luma na nga ‘yong term na ‘yon because the in thing now is indie flicks.”
Para sa kanya, isa itong karanasan na hindi niya malilimutan.
“Ang saya lang ng experience na may matututunan ka pa pala sa entertainment, sa acting industry.
“Kasi parang at one point, magiging kampante ka na, e.
“Parang, ah, alam ko na ‘tong taping or shooting, ganyan lang. Pero iba ‘yong proseso nila doon. Parang 12 hours is 12 hours.”
When asked what else would she want to do after doing pretty much everything in her career, Anne said she’d love to do a dance concert with Jabbawockeez as her guests. With Anne’s luck, that wish might be granted too someday

No comments:

Post a Comment