Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anne starts shooting new movie with Derek

MANILA, Philippines – Actress Anne Curtis said cameras have started to roll for her upcoming film “Nothing Compares,” where she will be working with actress KC Concepcion and actor Derek Ramsay.
Curtis said she had a thorough preparation for the movie because she wants to make sure that her character would be different from her last film which was “No Other Woman.”
Curtis described the movie as a “a mix of everything."
"Parang frenemies ang concept, very very light and charming. Maganda 'yung storya kasi for me if ‘No Other Woman’ was something married women can relate to, this is something women our age can relate to,” she said.
Aside from Concepcion and Ramsay, Curtis said she is also looking forward to working with veteran actress Jaclyn Jose, who will be playing her mother.
“We’re shooting our very first scene right now. I’m very, very excited and I can’t wait to work with her,” she said.
Hollywood film
Meanwhile, Curtis also said she had a fun experience shooting her first US independent movie "Blood Ransom," directed by Francis dela Torre.
"It was so much fun. I’m so excited. It was my very first indie film ever,” she said.
Dela Torre also directed the Hollywood indie movie, “Subject: I Love You,” with Jericho Rosales, about the "I love you" virus.
While she feels honored to be part of “Blood Ransom,” Curtis said her local career will always be her priority. However, she said she is also open to pursuing an acting career abroad.
“Palagi ko naman sinasabi na of course my priority will always be my career here. But [if given another chance to pursue a Hollywood career], why not? Now that I've already auditioned once, I'm open to auditioning again,” she said.
Upcoming series
Apart from doing “Nothing Compares,” Curtis also has her hands full since she has been taping her upcoming series with actress Kris Aquino and actor Robin Padilla.
“Tapos na ako sa first week ko. Ngayon kukunan at magko-concentrate naman kay Robin and Ate Kris then I’ll come back with a bang,” she said.
“Sobrang saya [ng taping]. Ang light nilang kasama, masarap silang kasama sa trabaho. When we’re not acting, nagchichikahan lalo na kami ni Ate Kris. I’m getting ko know Robin more so it’s so much fun,” she added.
Curtis also shared that she does not get intimidated by Padilla anymore.
“Noong una [nakakailang] pero kinausap naman niya ako na sabi niya tulungan ko daw siya kasi iba nga daw 'yung panahon ngayon ng aktingan. He's coming back as iba naman 'yung leading ladies niya. Parang for me, that was a go-signal na okay go, let's do this. Siyempre nahihiya pa rin kasi Robin Padilla is Robin Padilla. But at least ngayon mas okay,” she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment