Sunday, July 8, 2012

The cast of ‘Ang TV’ reunite on ‘ASAP’ for Star Magic’s 20th Anniversary

During rehearsals for Star Magic’s 20th Anniversary presentation on ASAP, caught up with Ang TV alumni Jan Marini Alano, Lindsay Custodio, Rica Peralejo, and Diane Dela Fuente at the Star Magic office. The former teen stars all looked excited to catch up with each other again inside the ABS-CBN compound. The ladies, who are all married now, also talked about their Ang TV days.

“Wala pang canteen nun, sa lobby lang kami nakaupo, sa hallway. And all the moms were there kasi kids pa kami so we were accompanied by our parents. Nung nakita ko nga itong bagong Star Magic office parang wow hindi ito ganito dati. Kung alam lang nila, yung studios namin, bare na bare, linagyan lang ng mga harang para sa table ng mga handlers namin,” Rica said.

As one of Ang TV’s original cast members, Jan remembered her batchmates who are also celebrating 20 years in show business. “Ako 20 years na at saka sila Claudine (Barretto), Jolina (Magdangal), Angelu (De Leon) tapos si Rica came mga a year after. Lahat naman siguro kami we owe it to Mr. M (Johnny Manahan) and sa Talent Center so napaka-cliché na pero hindi kami aabot sa ganito, iba-iba naman yung napuntahan namin pero hindi namin ma-a-achieve lahat yan if it weren’t for Star Magic, so thankful talaga kami,” Jan admitted.

Another unforgettable face on Ang TV was soft-spoken Lindsay who shared her favorite moments when she was still active in showbiz. “I’m now a full-time mom. I have two kids already and I’m a public servant’s wife. Of course I miss showbiz naman. Kaya I’m very, very happy to be part of this production number. A standout moment for me of course was during the time when we were busy pa rin I think with the shows, yung mga performances, mga live production numbers and of course the Ang TV days. I consider it memorable talaga. I will always be thankful to be part of that and to have started in Star Magic when it was Talent Center pa noon,” Lindsay admitted.

Singer Diane dela Fuente, who is now married with two kids to a restaurateur, shared her plans to perform again. “This month until December I will be doing two theater productions and I’m very excited. Kasi after how many years, ngayon lang ako ulit nagbalik ng stage. When I was in Talent Center, pinaka-memorable sa akin actually was during the time when I was with Star Magic. I became part of Pangako Sa Yo and ASAP at that time,” Diane recalled.

Although Rica never really left the limelight, the former Umagang Kay Ganda host shared her latest achievement outside of showbiz. Now a missionary’s wife, Rica recently graduated with a degree in Literature from the Ateneo de Manila University. “I just graduated this year so it’s the first time that I’m really just a plain wife to my husband and I’m really enjoying it. Kasi that’s always been my desire naman to serve my husband. So first time na kahit saan siya magpunta, ako yung alalay niya. And parang nag-turn yung tables around na I’m now accompanying my husband so I’m so excited and maybe we’ll get pregnant by the end of the year,” she shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment