Monday, July 9, 2012

Piolo Pascual talks about his bike accident, says it "felt nice."

“First time ko magkaro’n ng bike crash and it felt… nice.”
This is how Piolo Pascual described his bike accident that occurred last July 3, Tuesday, along Ambuklao Road in Baguio.
Piolo talked about the incident during a chat with PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) last night, July 7, at his ASAP rehearsal at Studio 10, ELJ Building, ABS-CBN network in Quezon City.
“We were going down a hill. That was after 40 kilometers of riding up and down Ambuklao.”
The dirt road, where the Ambuklado Dam is also located, leads to Mt. Pulag. The place is an hour away from Baguio City and is a known location among eco-adventurers, or bikers like Piolo.
The 35-year-old actor narrated, “Sadly, yung brake ko, yung pang-shift ng gear, got in the way. I was trying to brake sa right side, may nadaanan akong grasa, that’s why I slipped.”
“‘Pag slide ko, I tried to hit the curb para hindi ako kumalat sa kalye kasi pa-downhill tapos pa-curve.”
Piolo also recalls deliberately hitting the curb so as to avoid crashing into oncoming vehicles.
“Sinalba ko na lang yung sarili ko sa curb,” he said.
“My right arm, leg, and my face got parang … smashed on the road side. Pero, nothing serious. After that, I continued riding,” said Piolo, a smile on his face.
Why does the accident "feel nice?"
“Because it wasn’t serious and I didn’t break a bone. At the same time, it felt good knowing na… you know, it’s one way of recognizing that you are into that sport already.
“Parang sa swimming yan, e. Hindi ka matututo kung hindi ka malulunod, ‘di ba? So ayun, it made me feel better for some reason. At least, nothing serious happened.”
Battle scars?
Piolo said, “Battle scars, indeed!”
RUNNING. Meanwhile, Piolo regrets he might not be able to join this year’s Berlin Marathon, a major event for serious runners.
The actor has been training for the prestigious marathon early this year but due to his projects, the Berlin Marathon may have to take a back seat.
“I’m not sure… Well, I’m still keeping my fingers crossed,” Piolo said.
“Yung Berlin Marathon is sa September, so naka-register ako dun and I bought tickets for it, for the flight and all… They took it back. I don’t know how I’m going to go about it.
“Pero… it’s not the end of the world, I can still join next year but it was my goal this year— [to do the] full marathon.”
The Cobra Iron Man 70.3 on August 4 to 5 is keeping Piolo’s spirits up, nonetheless.
The actor is set to participate in the relay and will compete in the 56-mile bike ride traversing the municipalities of Lapu-lapu, Mandaue, Cebu City, and Talisay.

No comments:

Post a Comment