Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Priscilla Meirelles: ‘Starting a family is more of a mindset thing’

Priscilla Meirelles admitted that being a homemaker is a tough job. Not only does she has to think of managing her home, but she also has to address the needs of her five-month-old daughter Anechka and husband John Estrada. “Starting a family is more of a mindset thing. Last year, I was so concerned with my pregnancy so this is the time that I am adjusting to married life. As a wife, I have obligations to do—to cook kahit tired ako, do the grocery... I don’t know if it’s cultural, or maybe that’s the way how he grew up. Basta he really expects that I do those things,” she admitted with a laugh.

Asked to describe John as a husband, Priscilla shared that they keep the fun in their marriage by treating each other like friends who can constantly banter with each other. “Sometimes he can be very sweet, it really depends on his mood. Minsan para siyang hindi husband ko, parang brother ko, he bullies me a lot. He knows which buttons to push, e ako hindi pwedeng quiet lang. He knows I have a big mouth. So when I answer back, he enjoys it, he laughs because it’s funny din the way I respond. We’re like cats and dogs.”

As for taking care of Anechka, Priscilla said that she’s a very hands-on mom especially during the first few months. The former beauty queen usually wakes up early and sleeps late at night just to breastfeed. “I really wanted it because it’s for the best. And it’s not a lifetime thing anyway. Ideally, I’m going to do it for at least six months. It just so happens that now I am relaxing more because we have a yaya that’s very good. So I am relying a little bit more on her so I can rest [and] produce milk for the baby. Because if I don’t have enough rest, I don’t have enough milk.”

She happily added that John is very involved in raising Anechka. “Oh yes, he’s in love with our daughter. John is very strict and very hands-on with the baby. Sometimes I wish he’s not that much. But it’s good that he’s really involved.

Grab a copy of StarStudio Magazine for the full interview with Priscilla Meirelles and John Estrada plus a total of 10 pages of their beautiful condo in Taguig.

No comments:

Post a Comment