Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aga Muhlach boasts he knows better than some solons

Actor Aga Muhlach, who has announced plans to run for Congress next year, confidently said he is better than some of the country's lawmakers.

"Mas marami ang walang alam kaysa sa akin sa Kongreso at mas marami akong alam kaysa sa kanila sa totoo lang," Muhlach told members of Fil-Am press in a press conference in New Jersey.

In Ricky Lo's Funfare article, Muhlach, who said he was inspired by President Benigno Aquino III's "good governance," vowed that he will honestly serve the people of Camarines Sur.

“As what I always say, I have a name to protect at hindi ko ito basta sisirain dahil nakakatakot... I won’t dare go into a field kung sisirain ko lang ang pangalan ko. All I can promise is to give people what’s due them. Kung susuwertehin ako sa pagpasok ko sa Kongreso, I will be the voice of the people. I will use whatever influence I have to tell erring officials na mahiya-hiya naman tayo and it’s about time to give back to people what’s due them," Muhlach said.

In the interview, the actor also defended some of his showbiz colleagues who are running for next year's election. He also cited several celebrities who are doing well as public servants.

"Just look at Vilma Santos... she served three terms as mayor of Lipa City and now she’s the governor of Batangas," he said. "Also, look at Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla, maayos ang track record nila as senators."

"But those actors who critics say join politics because they no longer have a showbiz career and would just want to make money, that’s beyond me. I don’t want to comment on that. I just want to assure you that I’m on top of my game as an actor and I’m banking on my name and my reputation to win this,” he added.

Muhlach took his oath as Liberal Party member on August 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment