Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jessy Mendiola defends Slater Young from detractors

After getting the chance to meet and work together on the finale episode of the Kapamilya series Eboy, Jessy Mendiola admits that she and Pinoy Big Brother Unlimited Big Winner Slater Young have become close friends. “I got close to Slater when I worked with him sa ending ng Eboy. Since then, we’ve started going out in groups. I’m also close with Sam Milby because I’ve worked with him a lot of times and they have the same manager. I’m also really close to Yeng Constantino and they’re all handled by Cornerstone. Alam mo yung it just all fit together. Lahat kami nag-ha-hang out,” she says. Jessy also shared that her first impression of the Cebuano housemate was a very positive one. “Nung una ko siyang nakatrabaho, I thought na he was a natural actor. Parang hindi siya umaarte and I think yung problem talaga niya is language kasi he’s more of an englisero and Cebuano type pero kaya niya yun,” she tells Hot Pinoy Showbiz.

The 19-year-old mestiza also welcomed the opportunity to defend her good friend from rumors that he is getting swell-headed from his newfound fame. ‘I don’t watch TV pero parang I heard merong inaasar sa kanya. I think everyone has their own personality and para sa akin yun ha, I don’t know with others,” she explains.  Jessy says she wanted to clarify one particular rumor saying Slater was being extremely boastful during one of their gatherings along with Angelito:Ang Bagong Yugto star JM De Guzman. “Yun nga eh, kasi iniisip namin, paano nangyari yun? He never really had a conversation that would trigger that blind item kasi everyone was out of earshot, yung walang nakakarinig sa amin. Kami-kami lang yun. We were just joking with each other, parang inaasar nila ako with my endorsements, tapos si JM dahil sa Angelito tapos si Slater naman daw PBB Big Winner, so parang we’re just proud of each other to the point na naglolokohan na lang kami. Si Slater wala siyang yabang. He’s a really good person. I think a lot of people should get to know him first bago sabihin na malaki ang ulo niya. In all fairness to him, hindi malaki ang ulo niya. To think na Big Winner siya ha,” she stresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment