Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jessy Mendiola inamin na she enjoyed playing a boyish role in The Reunion

After wrapping up work for the upcoming romantic-comedy The Reunion, Jessy Mendiola admits she can’t wait for her fans to catch her first movie project with Star Cinema. “Sobrang proud ako sa film kasi I finished dubbing for it last week. I saw the full-length cut and I was like, ‘Oh my god.’ All our long hours of shooting and all the long hours of working for that film was all worth it. Sobrang feel good yung music ng Eraserheads, sobrang feel good yung vibe ng film. Imagine combining Eraserhead songs and the storyline, parang sobrang feel good lang na barkada film,” she shares during the Star Magic Games 2012 held last July 29 at the Celebrity Sports Club in Quezon City.

In The Reunion, Jessy plays the role of girl-next-door Ali who is secretly developing feelings for her best friend Lloyd (who is played by Enchong Dee). Ali keeps her feelings a secret because Lloyd ends up falling for someone else. In real life, Jessy admits she went through a similar experience which helped her with her acting for the movie. “Sadly, yes that has happened to me na (laughs). Pero I was really young at that time so I don’t think it was really serious or anything. I guess I got over it when I accepted the fat na talagang friends zone na lang ako at that time (laughs),” she recalls. The 19-year-old actress enjoyed playing Ali also because of her movie character’s simplicity. “Kasi she’s boyish, so the way she speaks and the way she moves, sobrang boyish din.  People will see the boyish, no makeup side of Jessy Mendiola, very natural lang. (laughs),” she tells Push.com.ph.

Jessy, who is also currently working with Matteo Guidicelli on the upcoming Precious Hearts Romance presents: Isla, says she enjoyed veering away from the usual sexy image she portrays on television. “In all honestly, not wearing makeup felt so normal. It was normal for me to not wear so much makeup, not getting my hair done in the morning tapos buong araw na ganun ka lang. parang your just naturally like that. So naka-bun lang yung hair ko, no makeup, no lipstick. Tapos naka-large pants lang ako tapos loose top. Sobrang normal,” she admits.

Although rumored to be steadily dating Angelito:Ang Bagong Yugto star JM De Guzman since last year, Jessy insists that they are still just really good friends at the moment despite the fact that both have admitted to admiration for each other for several months now and even said to have spent time together even outside showbiz. When asked about the state of her personal life at the moment, Jessy reveals, “My heart is still beating, very much inspired and right now I am learning to love myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment