Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Zsa Zsa Padilla diagnosed with kidney cancer, to undergo surgery in US

Just over a month after the death of Comedy King Dolphy, his longtime partner actress-singer Zsa Zsa Padilla is facing another challenge – she has been diagnosed with stage one kidney cancer.

“The first time I saw [my doctor], he immediately told me it was malignant. So when I heard that word 'malignant,' I said, 'Oh man, I have cancer,” Padilla said in an ABS-CBN News report.

“I went back the next day for blood work and a scan and it showed the same thing – almost a 3 centimeters growth – and he advised for it to be taken out,” she added.

Padilla is currently in the United States where she is scheduled to undergo a surgery at the Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on August 27.

“After surgery, I was told I wouldn't need anything else – no chemo or radiation since stage one pa lang. Thank God, naagapan,” the singer-actress was quoted as saying in a separate report.

“Laparoscopic surgery will be performed – four holes. Two days sa hospital then follow up. After a week I can fly out na. I can work after four weeks, faster recovery. At least I can go back to work,” Padilla said.

“After six months follow up, unless the pathologist says otherwise – meaning if it isn't stage one after biopsy – then every year check-up na ako. What I have is T1A, it's a low form of stage one cancer, unless the pathologist says otherwise after surgery,” she added.

Padilla flew to the US with her daughter Zia and close friend Dr. Vicki Belo on Sunday, a day after the nation marked the 40th day since Dolphy passed away.

In a Facebook post quoted in an Inquirer report, Padilla said that she is ready to face new challenges.

“When life situations get rough, I find myself taking deep breaths. And I am ready to take on new challenges. Living life one day at a time,” she said.

Following the confirmation of her medical condition, family and friends immediately showed their support for the singer-actress.

“I admire Zsa Zsa's courage, strength and faith. Actually if you recall the pic we posted last Saturday, Aug. 11, we had just come from Mass and prayed together for her checkup,” host-actress Kris Aquino was quoted in an ABS-CBN News report.

“I thank God that her condition was detected early and I know that with all of us praying for her, Zsa Zsa will be at her best health when she gets back to the Philippines in September,” she added.

Appealing to her Twitter followers, host-actress Sharon Cuneta wrote, “Please, tweeties, please pray for Zsa Zsa's healing. I have been dealing with so much and I feel like this is the last straw.”

“I felt so angry. Bad things are happening one after the other. But I am praying for her and texting her constantly as well,” Cuneta added in the Inquirer report.

“She has all our support. She has always been there for our family. This time, we will be here for her. We consider her the mother of the entire Quizon clan,” Epy Quizon – Dolphy’s son from a previous relationship – also said.

“We had barely recovered and this happened so soon after the hospitalization and death of my dad. Our hope is that Zsa Zsa gets better soon,” Quizon added.

“We offered a prayer for her. The family is behind her in this time of trial.”

No comments:

Post a Comment