Saturday, August 25, 2012

Zsa Zsa Padilla Why could it happen to me

Zsa Zsa Padilla was incredulous the first time she found out she had  polyps inside her.

Her text to close friend and “I Do Bidoo Bidoo” co-star Gary Valenciano before news about her stage one kidney cancer broke out in media reflected it.

Part of Zsa Zsa’s text to Gary on Aug. 19, read: “I already thought of cancer last May when they found the polyps.  The first thing I asked myself was, why could it happen to me?  The next question in my mind was  is that all there is? Just  polyps, or is it something else?”

That’s when Zsa Zsa admitted she started to make a bucket list. But she assured Gary, again through text, that she’s in good spirits. Even her children, Zsa Zsa added, are taking the news of her impending surgery well.

Zsa Zsa also told Gary she needs a follow-up check-up six months after the surgery and every year thereafter.

The earlier part of the text message informed Gary that  she didn’t need chemotherapy nor radiation anymore.

“I  have surgery on the 27th (of August), I’ll stay at Cedars  (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles) and then I can be home on Sept. 7. (I’ll have)  laparoscopic surgery. Four holes lang. I need to rest for a month.  Then I can go back to work.”

Words of comfort

Gary’s reply via SMS were words of comfort.

“Zsa Zsa, the enemy is on the rampage.  He is relentless at what he does.  His job is to kill, steal and destroy.  But our God came not just to give life but to give us life in abundance. The gift is yours, Zsa Zsa. The Big C stands for cancer, but the bigger and most outstanding C is Christ.”

But Gary and Zsa Zsa’s friends and family don’t have to worry too much about her.  The singer-actress is bent on becoming a cancer survivor.

“You know I’m a fighter, Gary,” she reminded  her  “ASAP 2012” co-host.

Still, Gary pledged to “pray for her everyday” and be with  Zsa Zsa “before,  during, after, and way after.”  Gary added that he  will text   Zsa Zsa on the day of her surgery but won’t mind if she can’t reply.

“If she keeps quiet, that’s a signal na she’s getting a lot of messages and it’s not going to bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment