Saturday, August 25, 2012

Is Christian Bautista switching networks

Now that his ABS-CBN contract is expiring on Monday, Aug. 27, is singer-actor Christian Bautista switching networks?

“Wala pa naman po tayo doon. Tsaka na lang tayo pumunta doon. Pinapasa-Diyos ko, pinapasa-management ko ang mga negotiations. Pero ako, I’m very thankful and happy with yung ibinigay ng ABS-CBN, sa TV concert. Pero sa ngayon, sa kanila ko na lang binabato,” Christian said at the press conference of his 10th anniversary concert “X Class” set at the Meralco Theater in Pasig City in October.

Christian is open to a lot of things especially now that nothing is final yet.

“Right now, hindi ko pa siya masasagot ng one hundred percent. I’m very open. My heart is open, my mind is open. I want to be challenged, I want to make a mark. I don’t want to be forgotten.”

Christian also shared that his career plan doesn’t only involve choosing a home network. He may explore his international career further.

It will be recalled that he made a name in other Southeast Asian countries because of his song “The Way You Look at Me” and acted in the Pan-Asian TV show “The Kitchen Musical.”

“Ayaw ko na it will depend on a channel. I don’t want to sound proud, pero hindi 100 percent local yung career (ko).So, medyo iba-iba. Puwede ko rin i-explore yung international career in Indonesia, maybe. Puwede naman (din) iyon.”

Christian admits he wants to explore other fields like acting and musicals.

“I want a project that will widen my eyes, challenge me. A project that will really connect with me. It's not about the money, it's not about exposure. Of course you need a little bit of both, pero dapat gusto ko gawin, yung passionate ako. Yung kahit maraming challenges eh gagawin ko siya.”

‘X Class’

Christian calls his five-night concert a “dream.”

“It’s really entertaining. Ilalagay po namin lahat in an experience that I’ve never experienced in a concert and my audience has never experienced in a concert.”

He opted to hold his concert in Meralco Theater rather than the bigger Smart Araneta Coliseum because he wants to interact with the audience more.

“I’m not really the type of performer who performs on that stage. Mas gusto ko talagang initimate and mas marami kang puwede gawin. Mas marami kang puwede i-experience.”

“X Class” is directed by Rowell Santiago with  Louie Ocampo as musical director.

No comments:

Post a Comment