Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Martin Nievera says sorry to Charice Pempengco for X Factor quip

It seems that judge-mentors on "The X Factor Philippines" are becoming more personal two weeks before the grand finals in October.

On Monday, singer Martin Nievera apologized to fellow judge Charice after the surprise results show on Sunday.

Charice created a deadlock in the judges' vote that ultimately eliminated Nievera's contestant Jeric Medina.

"It has been brought to my attention by (Gary Valenciano's wife) Angeli V. that I hurt the feelings of Charice while speaking my mind. For this I apologize to Charice ... No matter how professional we are there's still feelings. Sorry Charice.

"We may not agree but I love you. Now let's all move on! All of us. This happy Saturday it's all about DADDY'S HOME, ALLEN, KZ & GAB! No one else! Go go go!!!! Again and again, for my pointing out what I believed to be a strategic move I apologize to Charice and her fans," he said.

Last Sunday, Charice voted to eliminate Medina, saying the vocal group Daddy's Home deserves to stay in the competition.

"First of all I have to explain kung bakit pauuwiin ko 'yung contestant na ito. You see a lot of people sasabihin sa akin, Bakit? Kasi 'yan ang uso ngayon sa atin dito. For me, I mean, Philippines, we have to change. We have to change because I think 'yung para sa akin na safe ay deserving din nila na magkaroon ng spot dito sa Pilipinas. I'm sorry, Jeric," Charice said.

After finding out that Medina received the lowest percentage of votes, Nievera gave his parting shot.

"Well all I can say it's all really about the votes. Kung magbo-bottom two kayo this is what happened. This is the way the 'X Factor' was made. Charice made her decision, everyone made their decision. Now Jeric has a beautiful journey and has nothing to be ashamed of. There are no losers on this stage but there can only be one 'X Factor' champion. I'm very proud of you and I will be behind you wherever you go," Nievera said.

Before the results show, Nievera was already hinting about the growing personal nature of the competition.

"Let me remind u all, XFPH is not about me or any judge/mentor. It SHOULD be about the future of this industry & the show not about US! " he said in a series of tweets.

"We should not play w/ these finalists dreams just to have the winningest team. Decision Sunday should NEVER be personal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment