Monday, September 24, 2012

Why Kim Chiu refuses to join Twitter

There is no denying that Kim Chiu is one of the biggest stars in the country today.

The Filipino-Chinese actress, who rose to fame after winning in the first season of “Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition” on ABS-CBN, has had a number of hit soaps and movies, and a handful of big endorsement deals.

She is set to star in the upcoming Kapamilya soap “Ina, Kapatid, Anak” with Xian Lim, Maja Salvador and Enchong Dee this October.

While most of her colleagues in the showbiz industry have opted to connect with their fans and “haters” via Twitter, Chiu refuses to join the bandwagon despite its perceived perks.

“Medyo sensitive kasi akong tao. Parang naiiba ‘yong mood ko if I read something bad about me. Siyempre you can’t please everybody, di ba? So, for me, I’d like to keep myself private na lang. Publicly as entertainer or as an actress, but for my personal life, ayoko,” she said in an interview published in the October 2012 issue of Yes! Magazine.

Celebrities are no strangers to Twitter controversies, with the usual “victims” including Angelica Panganiban, KC Concepcion and Sharon Cuneta, to name a few.

Like Chiu, a number of local celebrities also explained to Yes! Magazine why they refuse to share bits of their personal lives via the microblogging site.

“First, time consuming. Alam ko kung gaano kalaking oras ang kinakain ng Twitter updating as much as you can. Number two, parang hindi ko alam kung paano magri-react do’n sa lahat ng supporters. Hindi ko kayang mag-thank-you sa kanilang lahat one by one,” Dee said.

Chiu’s former flame and on-screen partner, Gerald Anderson, said: “It’s enough na I’m on TV doing interviews. Kumbaga, ‘yong tao, kilala na naman nila ako as a person. So hindi ko na kailangan i-tweet ko pa rin ang sarili ko or to say where I’m at or what I’m doing or what I like. I have friends for that.”

Hunk actor Piolo Pascual, for his part, said: “As it is, I’m public property, and it’s a personal choice not to share about everything that happens to you. It’s not as if you want everyone to know everything that happens in your life. And I guess it makes life simpler.”

No comments:

Post a Comment