Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Derek Moves On From Angelica Panganiban, Admits Dating Anew

Seven months have passed but Derek Ramsay remains unperturbed by issues hounding his much-publicized breakup with girlfriend of six years Angelica Panganiban.

The actor-host still wonders why the public refuses to move on.

"It's been seven months. I'm still asked about it (the cause of the split). But everyone seems to forget - those whom we shared our relationship with. Lahat ng nilabas namin sa relationship namin, I won't forget those good times. We had a healthy relationship, the story didn't have a happy ending but we still have that sort of relationship - that's friendship," Derek lamented in an interview with Bulletin Entertainment and other members of the press during the press conference for his upcoming TV5 fantaserye "Kidlat," held coinciding with the Cosplay Mania 2012 event, Sept. 29, at the SMX Convention Center in SM Mall of Asia.

"Alam naman natin there's a big breakup but that's old news. It's over. Dati pa naman pinag-aaway na kami, nag-break na nga pinapag-away pa din. Di mangyayari yun kasi ang taas ng respeto namin sa isa't-isa. Kaya hindi namin sinasagot yang mga issues ay dahil ayaw namin patulan. We finished the relationship off properly," Derek said, pertaining to the negative write-ups about the split. Angelica is now rumored to be sharing a romantic relationship with John Lloyd Cruz.

While he stressed that he has moved on and is now back on his feet after the Angelica chapter, Derek revealed, "Yes, I'm dating. I'm dating someone but I really want to keep it more private. The high-profile relationship is very hard."

Although he didn't reveal any details about the new girl, Derek said that she is not from showbiz. "I think Angel will be the last person I'll ever date in the industry. But never say 'never.' You'll never know. But right now, that's my stance," he said.

Starting over again, Derek shared that he wants things to be on the right path. "This time, I want to keep this for myself. It's not that I am keeping the media away from my new relationship. But it's for the best, not just for me, but for the new woman in my life. Just let me enjoy the moments that I will have with her in private. I'm not asking for much except for this privacy in my personal life."

Derek Not Following Angelica Anymore

Meanwhile, Derek also addressed the supposed swipe made against him by his ex-girlfriend Angelica through Twitter.

In August, Angelica seemingly dismissed thoughts of reconciliation with the actor by way of her fondness with Taylor Swift's latest single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."

"Si taylor swift... Ginawan ako ng kanta!!! Thank you teh!" the kapamilya host-actress tweeted.

In the same interview, Derek admitted that he stopped following Angelica's tweets since they broke up.

"That is expected naman. We have given each other space for that," he said, reason why "kaya hindi ko alam ang tweet niyang 'yan."

He explained, "For as long as wala ang name ko sa tweet ni Angel, I will not assume na it has something to do with me. I won't do that. Angel is 'what you see is what you get' and I think if she has something to say, she'll say it straight to my face. So sana, stop making assumptions na puro ako, ako yun."

"What I know lang is that she's happy. Happy rin naman ako. We've both moved on and that is what's important now. I'm really happy with my life now. Yung puso ko, it's healed. I'm done with my crying. I'm on my feet moving forward. I just feel blessed, nawala man sa akin yung 'Mistress,' pumasok naman yung 'Secret Affair' then hosting for the London Olympics, 'Amazing Race' and now, I'm a superhero," Derek added.

No comments:

Post a Comment