Saturday, March 24, 2012

Derek Ramsay, Magiging Kapamilya Pa Rin Kaya

“I’m not going to rush this because it’s a big decision,” said Derek Ramsay when asked if he already made up his mind whether or not to stay a Kapamilya. His contract with ABS-CBN expired at the end of February, but the 32 year-old has yet to make a final answer about this matter.

“Nakita na namin yung offer. I think they’re exchanging emails now. I think my dad just sent an email to Sir Gabby (Lopez, Chairman and CEO of ABS-CBN), nag-uusap-usap [pa]. I really don’t know. May little details, sila ang nag-aayos e. So I’m just waiting for their phone call,” he explained in an exclusive interview with ABS-CBN reporters at the thanksgiving party of Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang, Friday, March 23.

Although he has a talent manager, Joji Dingcong, Derek revealed that he seeks his parents’ help when it comes to the business side of his showbiz career. “They’re always involved with everything I do. It’s not the first time na na-involve sila. At the end of every year, I always talk to them over the family holiday and one of the topics we talked about is where my career is going to go. And it just so happened [that] my contract with ABS-CBN has expired this year. So we spoke about it over the holidays. So they’re always involved not just in my career but with everything [that I do], they’re always there.”

Derek clarified though that his parents don’t really advise him about the kind of projects that he should do. “They don’t get involve with that kasi they’re not showbiz people. They don’t know anything about showbiz. They’re business people. For them, it’s more of what happens throughout the years, they’re going to weigh that. Those are the things that they look into and put into my sight. It’s not about choosing projects or certain things.”

Given a chance though, he revealed that his dad would prefer to see him in projects that would showcase his lifestyle and interests in real life. “My dad was vocal in the meeting with Sir Gabby that he would like to see me doing things that are from my background, like sports and stuff like that. ABS-CBN is supportive of the sport that I do. He mentioned that in the meeting, but it’s not about projects like Corazon. They wouldn’t know what to say about that.”

Asked what else does he want after many successful movies and teleseryes, Derek told us that he’s not demanding for a higher talent fee or specific roles that would showcase him as a serious actor. “I’m just going to continue doing the same thing that I’ve been doing. I want to be me. I’m not going to demand for sure for roles. And that’s what I told ABS-CBN. I’m not going to demand for a price, I’m not going to demand for a project. I want yung sariling bigay. You know, it doesn’t have to be [something] new. I just want to see what they want to give me. Masarap ‘pag ganon e. It’s not like I’m demanding them to give it to me. Ayoko ng ganon.”

It appears that Derek would remain a Kapamilya and is merely ironing out some details in his contract. As it is, he said that he’s actually a loyal type of guy and cited his working relationship with his manager as an example. “Yes, I’m a very loyal guy and I’m not going to throw this all out there, because  and they don’t know what's really going on. I have my manager Joji. I don’t have a contract with Joji, but I’ve been with him for over six years—my whole showbiz career I’ve been with Joji. And my word is better than whatever I put down on paper. Yeah, he's (Joji) involved with this, my family's involved, of course I put in what I feel—It’s a combined [decision].”

No comments:

Post a Comment