Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bela Padilla proud of cousin Daniel Padilla

Actress Bela Padilla feels happy that her younger cousin, Daniel Padilla, is doing well in show business.

Daniel is currently part of ABS-CBN’s top-rating series “Princess and I” starring Kathryn Bernardo.

“Seeing Daniel now, kasi he’s younger than us, it’s nice to see that people we take care of, they are doing good also,” Bela told ABS-CBNnews.com. “I know Daniel is such a sweet boy. I mean he looks so maangas but he is actually a very nice kid. So I’m very proud of him.”

“It’s a good feeling, kasi I know he really likes it. He really likes what he’s doing. I like what I’m doing. So we are very blessed na someone started it for us before and we get to continue it,” she added.

While action star Robin Padilla as an uncle has its perks, Bela admitted that it is a big challenge for her and Daniel to stand out.

“When you say Padilla, it’s Tito Robin, the action star. So we have to slowly break out of that and make our own individual personas. We can’t be Robin Padilla also. Kasi mayroon nang Robin Padilla, we can’t do what he did before. So it’s more of a pressure to be original and hone our own personality,” she said.

Bea look-alike?

Meanwhile, Bela also responded to those saying that she is a look-alike of actress Bea Alonzo.

The actress said she does not mind being compared to Alonzo, who she described as “such a pretty girl.”

“No, Bea is such a pretty girl. Why would I take offense? Oh my gosh, I love Bea,” she said.

Bela added that she would love to work with Alonzo someday.

“I thought of a movie na, so cool. I mean, she’s one of my idols kasi she’s a great actress. ‘Betty La Fea’ was one of my favorite shows, ‘yung original version before the Bea Alonzo came out. So when she played, I said ‘wow, ang galing.’ Such a pretty girl to play such a different character. So she’s always and forever will be a person I’m going to look up to,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment