Friday, September 7, 2012

Jed Madela makes jump to Star Records

After nine years with Universal Records, singer and world-class performer Jed Madela on Thursday inked a contract with the music recording company of ABS-CBN.

Popularly known for emerging as champion in the 2005 World Championship of the Performing Arts besting 3,000 international contestants, Madela is now a contract artist of the Kapamilya record label, Star Records.

"Officially I just signed up with Star Records. So excited to start working with them -- a new team, a new set of great artists to work with, composers, arrangers, producers," Madela told ABS-CBN News on Thursday.

The "ASAP" performer's previous six albums were produced by and released under Universal Records.

His first album, "I'll Be Around," was released in 2003.

"The contract expired already," Madela said of his 9-year stay with the record label.

"Pinag-usapan ng management ko din, and personally, it was my decision din to explore other possibilities, to try out a new scenario in the music industry," he added.

Grateful to Universal

Clearing up speculations of a supposed rift between him and Universal, Madela said he is only grateful to the company that "pushed him to become a singer."

"Sinasabi ko, everytime people ask me, wala talaga akong problema sa Universal. They've taken care of me for the past nine years," Madela said.

"They were one of the very few who really believed in me when I started. They were the one who discovered me in this bar in Makati," he added.

The singer also said that he is also looking forward to possibly collaborating with artists from Universal Records and other record labels in the future.

"I believe that kaming mga recording artists, we work together, and I'm sure it also applies to different record labels, that we get to collaborate with other recording artists," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment